Enjoy talking with other King parents, students, and even teachers while having bagels, muffins, and beverages before school in the Multi Purpose Room.
- Bagels and cream cheese: $2
- Muffins: $2
- Coffee and orange juice: $1
Come to the next PTO meeting on Monday, Dec 10 at 6:30 am in the Media Center. Learn about activities and events in the school, meet other parents, vote on school-wide issues, and get involved! This is YOUR SCHOOL!
Child care will be provided by King Care for school aged children during the PTO meeting.
Bagel Friday(s): October 12, November 9, December 7, February 8, March 15, April 12, May 10
Learning Garden Work Day: Sunday, Oct. 21
Harvest Moon: Wednesday, Oct 24
Disability Awareness Day: Wednesday, November 14
Turkey Trot: Friday, Nov 16
Fall Book Fair: Dec 3 – 7
Bingo Night: Thursday, Jan 24
International Night: Saturday, Feb. 23
Spring Book Fair: March 11 – 15
Silent Auction: TBD
Science Olympiad: May 11, 2019
Ice Cream Social: Friday, June 7
Calling all parents! The first PTO meeting is Monday, September 17th at 6:30 pm in the Media Center.
Parents and Teachers (the “P” and “T” in PTO) meet monthly to discuss important school issues. You can meet other parents and learn how the PTO supports the classrooms, field trips, and extra-curricular activities.
Child care will be provided by KingCare for school aged children during the PTO meeting.
Future PTO meetings for the year will be (in the Media Center). Please note that we have changed it up this year to try to accommodate more parents and added a few mornings meetings. We hope to see some new faces this year!
Check out our Drop-off and Pick-up Guide!!!
Check out these fliers to ensure the safety of our children and to help traffic move through the circle quickly, including the AAPS buses.
It is critical that each and every parent (or caregiver) follow these instructions.
The five key pointers are:
1. Right in, right out, go slowly – you can ONLY turn right into the drop off circle from 8:30 am – 9:00 am and 3:45 pm – 4:15 pm.
2. There is only one way to drive through the circle – obey the “do not enter sign.”
3. Children exit the car on the curb side (passenger side, or right side) ONLY. No one should ever exit on the left side of the car. This is very dangerous for the children and the drivers.
4. Pull up as far as you can – parents should drop off students close to the front doors to allow more cars to pull into the circle area.
5. Do not park and/or leave your car in the drop off circle. The drop off circle is for drop off and pick up only.
Thank you for helping keep King students safe!
For more information and maps, see the map and pdf following:
Be sure to check out our new drop off map!